Book Annotation: The Zahir by Paulo Coelho

It took me an eternity to finish reading this book!


This is my second pick of Paulo Coelho. The first was The Alchemist which I had read almost a decade ago and I remember loving it. I always avoided reading literature about romance or companionship but this book now gave me a reason not to do that anymore. 

I was in a rollercoaster phase in my life when I started reading this book and I have never imagined myself feeling stressed about the plot of the story because it surprisingly was much relatable. Throughout my journey with the book, I kept drifting away and since the relatable instances kept giving me flashbacks about my real life, I almost decided to put it back on the shelf. But like the author didn't give up reaching the end of this book, I thought of pushing my limits a bit too. I loved the little lessons on love and companionship more than the storyline. 

My overall experience with this book was not that great or maybe it's just me who looks for the smooth transitions and effortless reading in every book. 

It's a good reminder for me to be less rigid as a reader!

Comments

Popular Posts