Childhood Memories with My Sibling

He was busy with his architectural projects of college while I was staring him straight in the face and thought I should write something about us. My love and affection for him are eternal which could be another reason why I am writing about it. The main reason would still be the weird content block I go through at times. 

I am speaking of my younger brother. 
Alike every family, I too have a love-hate relationship with him. We had spent countless moments together when we literally wanted to kill each other (still counting). There are also days when we actually plan and hang out together to spend some quality time like best friends. 
So, I decided to list down some of my favorite memories from childhood with my little brother. 

Singing Cartoon Songs in Chorus
I remember how we were fond of watching cartoons and used to watch even a tiny detail of it especially the songs. We would memorize the songs of every cartoon series we used to watch and sing it together till our throat starts hurting. One of them was from this old Japanese cartoon ‘Kochikame’ which was broadcasted in Hindi and we used to sing it’s theme song the most.  

“Ko-chi-kame kochi kochi ka…
Karta ek kaam, hota dusra
Paisa kamane ka, uska sapna
Ko-chi-kame kochi kochi ka…” 

Hundred points for the brilliant memory I have!

Hours on Online Gaming
Sometimes I feel blessed that I belong to the time when the internet was not this fast and accessible. For a single download, it would at least half an hour or so if you find the place for an excellent network. 
At my home, the internet was introduced in 2009 when I was in 8th grade and my brother was in 5th grade. The first thing we discovered was online gaming and we would think that it is the coolest thing in the world. We had made a proper schedule for that gaming session. The one of us who has the lesser amount of homework doesn’t have any exams or has a holiday would get their hands on the laptop first and play the games online for as much as he/she wants. But if both of us are free then there would be the limit of an hour for each person to play the games. If that limit exceeds even for a millisecond, it would be added to the other person’s gaming hours. 

I wish we would have used our brain this much in other important things.

Clothes of the same Colour
We are wearing clothes with the same color in up to 50% of the pictures of childhood I have with my brother. How don’t understand what my mother used to think when she would go shopping for us? Does it make the task easier or reduce the time of rushing in the shopping center?

I’m yet to figure that out as me and my sibling feel extremely embarrassed till date. 

Arguments over Equal Quantities of Food
This is the most common thing among all the siblings that each one of us fights for the share of food we deserve. Because
“Daane daane par likha hai khane wale ka naam.”

Call it a big cake or a little candy, we have to have an exactly equal amount of things available for both of us.


Tell me about your memories with your sibling in the comment section. Would love to read them.
Happy Rakshabandhan :)

Comments

Popular Posts