Book Review: Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank

Last week, I finished reading 'Diary of a Young Girl' by Anne Frank. It is the first-ever book that made me cry. 

I don’t know why I took this long to buy this book. Each diary entry is a masterpiece in itself. History tells Anne couldn't survive and died in the concentration camp a few days before liberation but I would say she made herself alive in the hearts of her readers and other holocaust survivors by documenting those tough times of her life so effortlessly. Celebrating birthdays amidst gunshots and air raids at midnight, they (Anne’s family and other people who were hiding in “The Secret Annexe”) had each other’s back. This book gave me goosebumps and reminded me at times how badly a war could disrupt your daily life. But she still stayed optimistic and hoped for freedom every day. 



What a bittersweet experience it has been. This book not only got me hooked but also provoked me to find out what happened after the arrest. I watched various documentaries and video clips that were available online to find out all the answers. Now, I really want to visit “The Secret Annexe” (now Anne Frank’s House that had been converted into a Museum).


This was also my first read of 2023 and I think I did justice to her work by taking this much time in exploring her life.



Comments

Popular Posts