Book Annotation: Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

I picked this book last week and it was so interesting that I finished it the same day. This is a journal of a middle school guy Greg Heffley, with the same struggles that every kid faces at his age. It got me hooked not just for how it is written but also because it has that comic-style illustration which makes it more enjoyable. Most of the incidents from Greg’s life gave a perfect throwback to my childhood and I couldn’t stop laughing at the fact that how lame yet innocent we all were at some point of time in our childhood. The way Jeff Kinney built the characters with the tinniest detail is just effortless.


I had already read another two books from the series “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” a few years back (one was ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Old School’ and another one was ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Hard Luck’) but this one is the first part.



Irrespective of the fact that I didn’t follow the chronology of the series, I enjoyed all three books and looking forward to reading as many books as I can read from the entire series. 


Comments

Popular Posts