My Firsts of 2022: Beaches

 At the beginning of this year, I came across a few videos on Instagram where people were to choose between mountains and beaches. And I, on the other side of the screen, have never been to a beach. The experience with the mountains was also not great. 

I always wanted to experience the beach vibes but already made up my mind that it would require another life to make it to a beach. 

But I think I should have been a bit more optimistic because I actually got a chance to visit a few beaches on the southern coast of India (credit goes to my parents obviously).


In the month of August, I went on a family trip to Tamilnadu. For beaches, we went to Rameswaram, Dhanushkodi (The last corner of India), and Kanyakumari. 


We went to Rameswaram first and stayed there for 2 days. The experience was not as good as I expected it to be. It was extremely crowded. The seawater also seemed polluted. The beach was full of rocks with rough edges. But since it was my first beach experience, I really liked to watch the horizon, the sound of waves and wind kissing my cheeks. Also, I collected a few sea shells. The collage below sums up my overall experience. 



My second beach destination was Dhanushkodi which is the last corner of India and is close to the Sri Lanka Border. It was a surreal experience to be so close to international waters for the first time.



The last destination and the last beach of the trip was Kanyakumari beach. It has been so far the best among all the three beaches I had seen. I stayed there for 2 days and utilized those days beautifully. I saw the sunrise and sunset at the beach. The confluence of the Bay of Bengal, the Indian Ocean, and the Arabian sea was beautiful. The sound of gigantic waves touching the rocks at the beach was amazing too. 




Now I can say that I am a beach person till the time I get to experience a few days in the mountains properly. 


Comments

Popular Posts