The Answer: Review

 A month ago I started reading a book given by one of the most valuable persons in my life and I wrote a brief about it in my previous blog post. 

Click on the link to know more.

https://shainiwrites.blogspot.com/2022/01/the-40-days-challenge.html


This book broadly talks about following a spiritual approach to lead a stress-free life.

The people involved in the making of this book have been following the same approach for many years and hence they claim that there is only one way to all the answers to your problems is to know the truth. And the truth is that God is the doer of every action you perform. Now the team of such people is willing to spread this word to every possible person they come in contact with.  


I'm an anxiety-driven person and to get rid of it I have to try different ways for mental peace. So, I already feel grateful for being a part of this initiative. 


Being an Indian, I grew up listening to the bedtime stories my grandmother would recite every night. I belong to a Hindu family, hence our childhood is considered incomplete without the preaching of our holy books Bhagavad Geeta, Ramayana followed by other mythological stories. She used to tell me how powerful the god is and he/she has the solutions to all the problems. 


Now that I look back in time, I feel it was very easy to accept what was being taught by our grandparents or parents. But as we grow up, we start doubting the existence of holy powers. Our faith in God seems to disappear because we think that our problems are increasing day by day and we start to believe that religion or mythology fails to give us what it promised. 

The book is a journey divided into certain chapters. As a challenge, I was asked to follow what is been written in the book. 



The entire book is a journey that leads you to the truth I mentioned. It is not a one-day process to finally understand. 
I, (as a beginner) was asked to read-only three chapters (to be precise) to understand the idea behind the philosophy, so this is not a complete review. 

1. Thoughts




As the chapter's title suggests, we are what we think. Your thoughts are everything. There are three types of thoughts: bad thoughts, good thoughts, and devotional thoughts. These are functioning the body. Hence, every thought has negative power that harms the body and mind. It is only the one thought of God that has the power to give us everlasting life. 

2. Knowledge




A bundle of thoughts is considered knowledge. Thoughts are responsible for the functioning and all the actions. So, everything that exists in this world is knowledge. There are broadly two types of knowledge. One is the knowledge of God which performs the actions and the second one is the knowledge of the world which is in the thoughts. 


3. The Way



The last chapter of my reading journey "The Way" persuades the reader to remove 'I', 'Me', or 'Mine' from all your actions to lead a stress-free life. 



Before I started reading this book, I had already completed a year since I started worshiping at home every evening. This book has so far enhanced the way I pray. The major difference is that now worshiping or praying doesn't seem like a task anymore. It has now become an integral part of my routine. 

I don't promise my readers that your involvement in religious activities would solve all your problems if you're looking for solutions. Of course, I had my days when things didn't work well and I couldn't pray at all. But one thing that I can promise is that there are no regrets so far.
This four weeks challenge was more than a challenge of being consistent. For instance, we brush our teeth daily even if we don't want to. Because it has become a habit. We have been practicing it since an early age. And that habit will remain unchanged till we die. This is how one of the myths that only old-aged people could follow this spiritual approach to life, is also busted. 

Feel free to connect, if you want to know more.



Comments

  1. Very well written. Carry on your endeavour to know and imbibe truth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts