I Love 'Train-Journeys'

Train Journeys make me go crazy
The level of happiness on my face could easily tell you how much I love being surrounded by trains. 
No, I was not posing at all!

I revisited the Rail Museum with my family almost after a decade in last winters and intentionally waited for summers to write this blog because this is how I can show you how badly I’m missing winters. 
10 years is a long time to recall all the do’s and don’t’s of a place so I researched about the museum on the internet a bit before we left. 
I’m the R&D Department of my family of four members so if anything goes wrong with the rules or the place, they know whom to put the blame on. 

My camera was the only thing I was not sure about whether to bring it in or not. We left home at 11 in the morning wearing the warmest clothes we have (as you can see me in the picture).

Walked. Took metro. Then an Auto-rickshaw and there we were at the entry gate of the museum. 

Took us hardly took us an hour to reach there.

It was all crowded as it was Sunday but I somehow managed to get closer to the instructions board to do my R&D work. 
Disadvantages of being the elder child!

While papa stood in the queue, I asked him to buy tickets for the toy train as well because I couldn’t miss anything. 
Museums are one of my favorite places to visit. Monuments are the second and then come the art galleries and those massive events. 

We exchanged a few opinions and in the end, Papa settled to buy only two tickets for the toy train and four entry tickets. 

The little sacrifice made. Again! I really wanted mumma and papa to come with me and my younger brother to the little train ride but I think papa thought that they were too old for this. 

My brother and mumma were frequently making gestures from a distance to ask how much time would it take. 
I kept signaling them, “Few more minutes”. 

All could see there were kids holding the hands of their parents.
Toddlers were in baby cars.
Stubborn ones were arguing with their parents to buy an ice-cream before check-in. 

And I was standing like a grown-up kid who is supposed to have parental proficiency!

Papa came to us after 15 minutes with the tickets. 

After taking a quick family photograph at the entry gate we rushed to have the toy train ride. 
I couldn’t believe that I would ever see those massive engines and coaches this close ever. The premises were full of different types of dummy engines and train coaches at frequent distances. Railway tracks and those little platforms seemed so real that entire view became so aesthetic altogether. 

The toy train has a different track on the same premises.
We waited for our turn on the miny platform as the previous group was already enjoying the ride. 
As soon as the train came to the halt, papa got ready with his phone to click our pictures as we ride. 
Sadly, he cannot operate my DSLR but he has the best photography skills I must say. 
You can see it by yourself in this picture :)
Me with my younger brother in the Toy Train

I and my brother took our seats which were all close to the window because that’s the only things siblings argue upon in real trains. 
The driver honked the horn thrice and we waved bye to our parents and pretended to return after a week or so after a long journey but unfortunately, it was going to a super quick ride of hardly 10 minutes. 

Yay, I’m on a train!
Choo-Choo-Choo….Choo-choo-choo 
I’m literally a kid by heart!

The Joy Express was running as of the same speed of a train which was giving me the vibes of a real train journey. The seats were so little but that too made up like the seats we get on a  train. I wish it could have a sleeper berth as well so I would have been kept shifting among seats like I used to do in my childhood.
Sometimes, memories hit me too hard that I forget to enjoy what I have in the present. I must tell that I can live in nostalgia for as long as possible!

All I could see were the little lawns to give the feel of those big farms through which a train passes. 

Little stations with dummy ticket counters and benches on which people were having food. 

We should have bought lunch too but it was nowhere mentioned on the instructions’ board. Played smart and left hungry!

The passengers (kids and their parents) were screaming in joy and enjoying the ride. 
Then came a tunnel… hoooooooooooo… dark make the kids hoot like this!

The train took a couple of rounds of the entire premises and then came back to where it has started. 
The platform where mumma and papa were waiting for us.

Both of them were smiling as we jumped out of the train and like every other kid, they asked me, “Did you enjoy?”
I exclaimed in happiness “Of course I did!”
After that, we visited the actual museum where they keep all the antique pieces and little models of trains and stuff associated with the railway. It took us an hour to complete the gallery walk. 
Then we headed over to the premises again and had a really long photoshoot with those dummy engines and coaches. 
I was the photographer by the way.

Every time I clicked a picture, I could listen to the sound of the Joy Express.
Kids screaming out of it.
Hooting in the tunnel.
That was the best part of the day and is still fresh in my mind. 

No matter how many times, I travel on a train, every journey is different and the charm of surroundings never fades in my head. 

Comments

Popular Posts