I Don't Study Anymore!

LAST MINUTE REVISION
Captured by my father in June 2015 
at the examination center. 
Back then I was a CA aspirant.

While preparing for CET(Common Entrance Test) this year, I realized that it has become a ritual for me that I have to appear for at least one entrance test each year. 
Not flaunting! That’s literally true.

Since I prioritize education, I try and apply for all the possible entrances which I’m eligible for. 
Too much studiousness. I know.

I belong to that mini-segment of the students, whose parents never scold them to study or work hard. It’s just I always feel that studying is as important as living. 
Yes, we do exist! 
In my school days, I had been a very studious kid but I had never studied to score good marks or to challenge my classmates. Being an average student, I used to work hard to maintain good performance among the children of my age. I remember how used to avoid and cancel family gatherings and even hang out plans with my friends just to indulge myself more into studies. My mom still tells me about the days when would fall asleep over my books while doing my homework at night. 
Children often dream of riding a unicorn, living in fairylands or castles while sleeping. I used to play 'I-Spy' with scientific formulas and mathematics equations in my dreams when I was younger.   

But one thing that I was lacking, is smart working and planning. 
Exams and weekly class tests used to scare me a lot. But I would never skip any and never faced failure in my entire school life. 
I used to believe in ‘Education without Examination’. Even after the preparation, I would skip a heartbeat while writing my exam. 

Real imbalance appears when your brain doesn’t synchronize with your heart for the same action. 

It was when I completed schooling and stepped in the real world of competition, I failed for the first time in an entrance exam which I was dying to crack. I had failed the same in the same exams 4 times in two and a half years. But it gave the real lesson and made me understand where I was lacking. 
When I failed for the 3rd time, things started to fold in a good manner and I jumped into media studies but didn’t give up on that exam. 
Now I had to create a balance among two extremely different courses which was more than a challenge. 

Life always gives the surprises you deserve but not what you want. 

I started working on my strategies more. Rather than studying straight for 8-10 hours non stop and then falling asleep due to exertion, I would divide the time among all the subjects I had to study. I gave up on carrying books to the examination centers for the last minute revision. 
I follow the same till date as I started believing in “Grasp>Study”. 
And yes, not to forget I had passed that entrance finally in 2016 (5th attempt it was).  

The only things that remained the same are the hard work and my devotion to education. 




Comments

Popular Posts