Why I don't Recommend any Content to My Audience?


I am the kind of person who consumes content more than food and I think we all do the same (at times).

Nothing to be ashamed of!

Whenever I am having a conversation with people about my work or study, they end up asking me one question that what type of content do I watch or read?

Answer: “Whatever seems appealing in terms of learning.”

But they expect me to come up with an exact number of favorites I have on my list or the famous figures one should follow so that they could know more about how I deal with my work. Hence, they assume that I’m being rude or introvert.

Well, my answer remains the same for everyone.

I have seen people exchanging opinions about the best book they’ve read or the best movie they’ve watched and how it became their favorite. It’s always good to have a healthy conversation about what we consume but I find it subjective. I would probably end up recommending the things I enjoy watching or reading which might not entertain you the same way.

The best thing you experienced cannot possibly become your favorite.

The reason behind why I give such a weird response to the people I’m conversing with is that I don’t have any specific genres or interest areas when it comes to reading/watching. If I talk about books, I generally pick up random editions from different shelves at the library. Same goes with movies and videos. One day you will find me watching K-drama and the other you may find me watching Bollywood rom-com.

In crux, I never pre-plan whenever it comes to content and I can literally read or watch anything till I’m learning something out of it. It has nothing to do with my work (directly). Being a content creator, I’m accustomed to consuming what's in trend.  

Of course, I have my favorites but if you ask me to recommend you some set of writers or famous personalities to follow, then I would suggest you to better go with the purpose you have in your mind.

I personally have my purpose sorted i.e., learning and this practice of picking up absolute random things sort of became the source of entertainment to me.

So, make sure you clear the purpose in your mind first and then choose the suitable content for yourself.  


Comments

Popular Posts