How I Learned to Recover Faster?



I'm writing this blog with a sore throat, cough, fever and the most annoying nasal congestion. The viral hit me last week and since then I’m on medication. My heart literally cries when I have to take medicines which force me to sleep for hours (especially when a lot of work piles up).  

I’m a clinomaniac though. If I tell you I’m going to sleep then don't ask me when I would wake up! Sometimes I wish I had a hibernation mode in my body.

I never thought I would ever be writing about my sickness but I found some really good changes occurred in life after I fell ill this time. So I thought of sharing it with you.

Before talking about those changes, I would like to talk about some genuine things.
If you fall sick, do rest as much as you can until you feel completely recovered. Never skip any of the meals of the day and complete the entire course of the medication prescribed by the doctor.

Space over Attention
I had always been a person who tells the close ones about my health issues and wants to get pampered in every possible way. But for the past one year, I started seeking space for myself rather than people asking me about my health frequently. In the case of major health problems, I do tend to have a lot of people around me either on calls or at my place. But now I started understanding the mental peace I get during sickness by being alone. My mom always makes sure that I get extra care but I no more want her sitting beside me when I am ill. I glad that she understands this.

I’m a Mumma’s girl. Okay!

Improved Eating Habits
I had seen my parents complaining about the amount of food I consume when I would fall ill at a younger age. I used to eat really less but now I make sure that the food intake is comparatively higher than normal days.


Self-Motivation to work
One should always listen to their body demands even if the sickness is too minor. I do take a complete rest whenever I’m on medication but I don’t really cut down my working habits. Obviously, I work relatively less. I just try to do something productive each day.


Psychological Factor
I keep saying this that everything is in your head. If you’re willing to get better then you’ve already taken a step towards the recovery. People generally ignore viral fever and get better on their own. I could have done the same but as I said one should listen to their body so I did see the doctor and I’m looking forward to getting better.


I really want to give myself a pat on my back for talking about these changes. I know they could seem rubbish for major health problems but you can give them a try at least once for a faster recovery.  

Comments

Popular Posts