I am still a 'girly' girl


DISCLAIMER: Being a woman, I respect the sentiments of my female audience. This blog is completely related to my personal life and I don't have any intention of offending anyone. 





“Ain’t you excited for your cousin’s wedding? ...disgusting! ”
“What did you say? You don’t like taking selfies? ... how rude!”
“Why do you call yourself a bibliophile? You don’t owe a single romantic novel … you’re a girl no?”

I have been receiving these weird comments for past three to four months about zillions of things that I don’t like but most of the people think that they should exist in ‘Girls’ favorites’.

No, I’m not gonna preach about sexism or be doing any feminism talks.

The other day I went to a cafe with my girlfriends and they were having these gossips about their dresses, makeup, other girls (if you know what I mean) and obviously boyfriends! On the other hand, I was enjoying my food and my involvement was absolutely zero in their rubbish talks.

You read it right! RUBBISH!

I don’t like discussing things with no conclusion (NOW). Being totally honest with my audience, I had been one of the same girls before but I have never thought that adulthood would change me this much (not complaining. I’m quite happy with the change).

It’s all about the things you like and feel comfortable with rather than being so particular or associating them with a certain group of people. In short, likes and dislikes are very subjective and it has nothing to do with sexism.

With this broader vision, I thought of addressing the people who think I’m a weirdo at times (actually all the time).

Here, come the things which become a little problematic for me at times.

Blingy and fancy looking stuff

Call it a clothing piece or any form of an accessory; I cannot carry things which make me look like I own a gold mine (over exaggeration, I know). You would never see me wearing anything super fancy but not that I look elegant or formal every day. Of course, I have my days when I go for shimmery pieces but I would still prefer simpler and balanced outfits with lite accessories. I mostly prefer solid colors either plain or with simple patterns with no fancy work on it.

So much of fashion talks.

‘Comfort comes first’ is what I tried to say.

Beauty and Skincare
I don’t follow any skincare or hair care routine. Not even a daily makeup routine.

YES, I DO EXIST!

Though I know all the names of the products (with the order of their application) people generally use for taking care of their skin or makeup. But one should follow skincare and a hair care routine. I just don’t feel the need for it.

I remember the last 2-3 years of my teens when I wouldn’t step out of my house without wearing a WINGED eyeliner and lipstick.

Now it’s been 2 years that I have stopped applying any makeup until it’s an occasion or a shoot. Even for special occasions I just beautify my eyes with kohl/eyeliner, lots of mascara, some tint on brows and a subtle lip shade.

NO HEAVY BASE MAKEUPS or EYESHADOWS.

Also, I don’t go to salon within every 15-20 days to get a hairless body (except for the brows but planning to give up on it real soon) or the skin which would look 2-3 shades lighter than your actual skin tone or perfectly filed and cleaner nails (because normal hand wash and water does the job as I’m not a big fan of having longer nails).

In the name of beauty and skincare I own:

Makeup- Eyeliner, a kohl stick, brow definer, and brown lip shade
Skincare- Aloe Vera gel (yes that’s it)

And and and… a normal shaver for not feeling disgusted with my own but stinking armpits or for the days when I wanna go sleeveless.


Zero tolerance for Henna
There was a time when I was a big fan of henna and I would never leave a chance to have henna on my hands with the most beautiful designs.

Okay! I was a kid (maybe 5-6 years old). And that’s the answer!

Because kids can roam around easily without getting scolded for being absolutely jobless. But can you imagine 22 years old busy and lazy (at the same time) girl like me would wait for an hour or two to get the henna done and dry after reading about her hatred for beauty stuff?

Sometimes I wonder what I would do at my wedding!


P.S. No plans for getting married anytime soon!


Backpacks over Handbags
I just wanted to ask one simple question for all the girls out there “don’t you feel half dead from inside while carrying a heavy and bulky handbag over your one shoulder or hand?”

Being a girl, I keep dreaming about having a bag in which I can carry my entire world and for that backpack is a blessing. I never bought myself a handbag and I don't think I'm gonna do that ever.
I do have some sling bags but they too seem useless for me.

Bye-Bye Heels!
When it comes to comfortability, heels can never win the battle (at least not in my case). Let me be a bit more honest to my audience, I’m a short girl with a skinny physique so the people I’m often surrounded with never leave a chance to preach me about advantages of wearing these pointed and discomforting high heels.
JUST TO LOOK LONGER!
Well, I am pretty much happy with my appearance so I don’t feel the need. Flat and simple footwear is my holy grail.

No more comments!

Never-ending Shopping Sessions
Shopping sessions literally drive me crazy so I never go beyond 2-3 shops if I get confused in the market about the stuff I wanted to buy. I prefer coming back home with empty hands rather than roaming around for no reason. For shopping, I generally step out of my house only when I have clear choices in my mind.



Hope you got to know me better and found many reasons to love or hate me.

Comments

  1. Very coherent thought process. The language could perhaps be a little more formal, just so your thoughts don't seem light and get the attention they deserve :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts