Self-Love is No Big Deal




I had always been a person who always scared of living or traveling alone. But at least once in our life, there always comes a time when we have to leave the things behind and to live the life on your own terms.

It’s been just a month since my grandmother passed away. My family and I are kinda disturbed these days but still, we try our best to forget about what we have been through.

Hard times are like the stains of your favorite food over your attire. No matter how hard you try to remove it, you can never forget the memories related to the incident.

Right after her death, I lived almost a week without having my parents in front of me all the time (kinda partially alone, if that makes sense). I had my exams so I lived a little far from my family for at least 2-3 days. (Though my younger brother stayed with me that made no difference). Along with preparing for my exams I was doing daily chores and other stuff.

One day, on the way back home after my exam, I was feeling extremely hungry but couldn’t capable of visiting a food outlet to feed myself.

“The people gonna judge me there…what I ordered…which seat I chose…everything..!” my brain kept telling me.

I wanted to ignore my hunger but somehow managed to enter the nearest restaurant.

Alone! (For the very first time).


The fear of being judged lasts till the moment you decide to stop judging others.



I acted casual (as much as I could. Lol).

Ordered a veggie wrap.

Took a corner seat.

Ate my meal.

All set to go back home. (Felt like I conquered the world).

That day I realized how this little reward to myself gave me happiness and I could really cherish it for my entire life.



The day you stop seeking validation for little things, you will learn to make yourself happier.


Apart from the loss I and my family faced during those days, I really feel blessed about the thing that I discovered how to love myself by doing small things on my own.

In addition to that solo date, I discovered a few other ways of self-love which could be useful for each one of you struggling with any fear or forgot to love yourself.


Spend some quality Time with yourself


I kept hearing people almost everywhere I go that they don’t have time to take care of themselves.

I totally agree because I face the same.

On the other hand, I found people dating their partners and chilling out with their friends and call it ‘Me Time’.


Always remember, enjoying with your favorite people and spending time with yourself are not the same. 
You can either be happy or sad in both cases. It depends on whom you have chosen to make happy.



Try and take out at least half an hour in a day to sit down and spend time with yourself without doing anything but just listen to your heart and mind.



Make yourself a Priority


There zillions of things happening at the same and no matter how neutral you pretend to be about every little thing, you still have a priority list in your head. So, make sure you include yourself too.



Know your body and soul


Even if you’re taking care of yourself properly, you still seek inner peace at some point in life. Hence, it’s really important to know about what helps and what kind of help you need. Don’t be pretentious and accept your flaws or ailment (which could be both emotional or physical) and try to find the best treatment.


Learn to get over the things that harmed you


Getting over is not necessarily mean forgetting or forgiving your ex or frenemies. As soon as you feel mature enough to take important decisions of your life, you should also learn to get over the things which are hurting you deeply. Learn to accept that your life is important.


Willingness to live your life makes your life important.









Share the things you like and the ways you love yourself in the comment section.



Comments

Popular Posts