Things I love about Festive Season

Hey Folks!
The festive season has arrived and there is no chance of hating it. I know you must be thinking of surprising gifts, tempting food and family gatherings by the title. But there are other things too which I love about this season because why not?
Please don’t hate me if you find them weird. :p
Obviously, I can’t mention all the possible stuff that like but these are my all-time favorites:

Temporal Scent
Is it just me or do you also sense a unique fragrance during festivals? It’s weird but I feel it that way. I would deny it completely if you say it’s nothing except for the mist we smell in winters.
Yes! I am not talking about winters because I will get to feel mist for about 3-4 months but the scent I am talking about doesn’t stay for longer.
Anyway, if you still don’t get this, I won’t force you to be as weird as I am. I love this temporal scent (what I call it) and if you do too then drop a mail so that we can decide a better name for it.




Mumma never says ‘No’
I don’t know why people don’t enjoy shopping with their moms!
Well, I already lived 20 years of my life but I still prefer having my mom as a companion whenever I go out to shop. Although, I too have a super-strict mom with whom I’m allowed to spend a certain amount of money on the stuff I would buy. But you know what the sweetest part is, she never says ‘No’ to the things I want for festivals either it’s a dress or a food item. Stealing some sweetness from her, I don’t go beyond my limits as I don’t demand much because the ‘after effects’ can be terrible (if you know what I mean).

P.S. If you think I get teased by you call me ‘mumma’s girl’ then you’re wrong because I am the one. :p


Subcultures
I love to explore different cultures, especially how people celebrate their festivals. On each festival or occasion, we perform different rituals even if we belong to the same religion/community but the basic idea for celebration remains the same. This is known as a subculture. I think subculture makes us diverse and even more beautiful. I would urge you to discuss it with your fellows and believe me you’ll get to know amazing things.


Stories of E
volution

Another little but the sweetest thing among all is the way we are getting accustomed to welcome a particular festival. I think our grandparents and the other senior members of the family would understand this fact because they have been seeing us grow and the process of evolution has taken place to the way we are celebrating our festivals. So, take out some time and talk to your grandparents and they will tell you the awesome stories.


So, if you’re done reading this and found it relatable then don’t forget to comment your valuable feedbacks. Also, share your favorite things or experience about festive season in the comment section.



Comments

Popular Posts