Book Annotation: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Before reading it - Not everybody is interest in reading tragedies. 

After reading it - I judged too soon!

Being aware of the hype of this book, I had still not thought of reading it. Almost a year ago, I came across several readers who would never get tired of talking and recommending it to me. I started to wonder how could this book be on the top of the list of these many people, as soon as my eyes fell on its cover and I got a hint of the story. I was on the verge of putting it back just after reading the first chapter but just for the sake of knowing the story, I went on and I was hooked!

Reading this book was about living the lives of the characters all in one, especially the protagonist. Being 'not a people's person' I got a good reason to relate to him and the overwhelming incidents of his life. I learned how tragedies could be written with this effortlessness. 

The story gives lessons of companionship, love, affection, loyalty, and self-love as well as provides the readers with become aware of the political movements happening all around the world. 

Another thing that I discovered is that we know authors for their incredible sense of writing but this is the first author on my list that deserves recognition for establishing Khaled Hosseini Foundation to provide assistance to the people of Afghanistan.



Comments

Popular Posts