It's Okay to Keep Your Secrets Buried

Picture Courtesy: Google


The idea behind certain people saying, “you can share all your secrets with me. Even the darkest ones.” just drives me crazy. 

Yesterday, I gave it a deep thought while having my green tea in the evening. 
On that note, could we just have a moment so that I can tell you that I don’t find green tea as disgusted as people assume or claim it to be? Though it’s overrated, for some reason, I like it. 
Ya, slow claps for this uncommon fact!  

I made a quick checklist of the things that I do to reveal the secrets I thought I should share with others. 

I call my best friend. Because, why not? 

Gossip about it with my mom. She is cool when it comes to secret-keeping.

Write it in my diary.

Mom accompanied me so that could be another reason behind why I contemplated upon this so much because she often asks me to share my secrets with her.
The first reason was that the tea was too hot to drink. 
But sometimes, I don’t prefer doing either of these three things. 

There is a very thin line between keeping a secret and hiding things which people misunderstood many times. I strongly believe that not all secrets are meant to be revealed. Not because the wrong intentions of others scare you but there are things belongs to you only and they should be kept inside you for as much long as you want. 

If something is bothering you, then you should give it a shot and share the relevant information with whoever you want. 

Take my case. 
I have many secrets that my mom or my best friend don’t know about. Yes, they do know that I make diary entries but they don’t know what and when I write in it. They never forced me to discuss it. 

But some people get too nosy and dominate us. They expect that they are entitled to dig out everything to form a juicy detail of your life out of it. When they don’t get a chance to do so, their hatred towards that could ruin your mental peace. 
These people are as dangerous as the first sip I took from the tea and burnt my tongue. 
Unpleasant and painful. 

Personal space is really important to understand yourself in a better way. One should not give others the validation to know everything about you and vice versa. Even then if somebody expects it from you, better no to give any explanation or just avoid. 

It is okay if you keep appropriate and relevant things with you only.
Enjoy the space you deserve and don’t feel ashamed of keeping secrets buried until it bothers you much or you’re willing to share it. 
It’s so simple man; is it even a secret if you revealed it?

Think about it and make sure you don’t hurt your tongue as I did. 

Comments

Popular Posts